European Cancer Community Foundation
Rue de la Science 41
VAT number: BE0450.934.093
Personal Data we Collect and How we Use It
We collect personal data during your visit to this Site. By personal data we mean “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person” such as name, address, e-mail, unique identifier, etc. The personal data we process is either provided directly by you on a voluntary basis or collected automatically via the Site.
Personal Data you Provide to Us on a Voluntary Basis
You may choose to provide personal data. The personal data that you provide to us via this site is never obligatory, unless marked otherwise. If you choose not to give some data, this may affect the way you navigate on this Site or the services that we can offer you.
• Submitting material to us: If you decide to submit a case study, an event or other material to us we ask for personal data such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number, the name of your organisation etc. This data will mainly be used for verification reasons.
• Taking an accreditation test: We offer accreditation tests online for which you have to login (and be registered) to the site. The personal data that you submit and the results of the tests will only be used for documentation purposes.
• Registering for an European Cancer Community Foundation event: If you decide to register for one of our events we ask for personal data such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number, the name of your organisation etc. This data will mainly be used for verification reasons and for billing purposes.
• Contact us – information and support request: If you wish to obtain information or support from the European Cancer Community Foundation, you may do so by contacting us through various e-mail or information request links on this site. The specific personal data you must submit will depend on the information or support you are requesting. The European Cancer Community Foundation will only use your data to contact you and to provide the information or support you requested.
Personal Data we Collect Automatically
Personal Data we Share
We do not sell, rent, trade or otherwise disclose personal data about our site visitors, except as described here. When you provide us with personal data through this Site, you authorise us to use that personal data for the indicated purposes.
Your Rights and Choices
You have the right to receive information about the personal data stored about you and to access and possibly amend your personal data by using the contact information provided below in the “How to Contact Us” section. Following any data access request, we will accommodate your enquiry as required by applicable law.
If the data collected is incorrect, inaccurate or outdated, we will correct them within a reasonable period of time following your request for correction. You also have the right to object to the processing of personal data by the European Cancer Community Foundation, at any time on compelling legitimate grounds, except when otherwise provided by applicable law.
If the data is processed with your consent, you may revoke this consent at any time by using the contact information provided below in “How to Contact Us”. If you decide to revoke your consent, we will make your personal data anonymous in the database and any reference to you will be deleted with effect to the future.
The European Cancer Community Foundation mainly collects, processes and uses your personal data within the European Union. If we transfer your personal data outside of the European Union or if we use third-party service providers located outside of the European Union, we take the necessary steps to ensure compliance with applicable data protection law, in particular the legal requirements on adequate protection for data transfers to countries outside of the European Union.
The European Cancer Community Foundation only retains personal data for as long as needed to fulfill the purposes for which they were collected, unless otherwise provided by law. When the data is no longer necessary to meet the purposes for which it was collected, it is deleted, blocked or anonymised.
Links to Other Sites
We provide links to other non-European Cancer Community Foundation websites for your convenience and information. These sites operate independently and are not affiliated with the European Cancer Community Foundation nor are under our control. These sites may have their own privacy policies in place, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites.
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorised alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, misuse, and all other unlawful forms of processing of the personal data in our possession.
The European Cancer Community Foundation gathers web statistics via the standard Google Analytics tracking tools. We do not gather individual visitor behaviour. Instead, we gather all traffic anonymously in order to track and evaluate our website for improvement. We do not allow any third party access to these statistics. But in promotional and evaluation reports we do sometimes display total numbers of page views (of a given web section during a limited time) together with stats of app downloads, event delegates numbers etc.
The European Cancer Community Foundation has registered its data processing activities with the Belgian Privacy Commission. More information is available on www.privacycommission.be under the public register section.
How to Contact us
If you would like to (1) know more about the personal data we process about you; (2) access, correct, block or delete the personal data we process about you; (3) withdraw any consent you may have previously given; (4) require us to stop sending newsletters or marketing materials; and (5) ask any questions you may have about our privacy practices, please contact us by:
• e-mailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
• writing to us at:
European Cancer Community Foundation
Rue de la Science 41